Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Vegetable Soup

Dear Friends out there…

Sure wish you could come put your feet under my table. (An old “down home” saying.) Vegetable soup is simmering in the crock pot and supper will be served around six. Come on over! It’s a typical winter day here in the Northwest with downpours this morning, gloom at noon, and now the sun is out for the afternoon walk with the dogs. The place is warm and cozy and still decorated with Christmas cards. Gifts are strewn about and the lights are still glimmering. We leave everything up until Epiphany which hardly anyone does anymore. But this is still Christmas Break for Windy and I am glad to take it easy myself. Relax and enjoy the tail end of the Holiday Season. We’ll get back to normal soon enough.

January looks to be a busy month. All my usual activities plus the added bonus of my new adventures: snowshoeing and tatting. Not, of course, at the same time. Two entirely different skills I am looking forward to learning. Also some great winter hikes are planned. And there is a Theta sorority brunch I will attend to mark my 50th year in that group. Hard to believe it has been that long since I made the big splash during Rush Week by falling in a drainage ditch on the way to the final party. I arrived covered with mud splatters. Not too cool, but they all did remember who I was!

The upcoming year promises to be a good one. Not so full of major events as 2006, but still I will be involved in many fun things. So Happy New Year dear readers. Live it to the fullest and stay in the moment
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home