Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Live from East County

The TV weather person says “Live from East County. Very dangerous elements.” Combination of wind, rain, ice and cold, cold, cold. Vicious. As always, instead of listening to the TV, I just need to open my door to determine the weather. The dogs and I barely made it home from our walk with the wind blowing us sideways and sliding on the ice. My little home is tucked down and more or less sheltered, but just half a block away around the back side of Elderberry Circle you get the full blast of it. We are not deterred. Press on regardless!

Last night the temp on my deck dipped below 32 degrees for the first time this season. But I have not yet donned the Cabela coat from Missouri that is designed for temps 20 below. The weather conditions are, however, such that those who work outside (like the gas jockeys) say “Thank god for Carhartt!” And I say "Thank god for Uggs."

As November ends on such a harsh note, we are looking forward to December and celebrating the holidays here in the Pacific Northwest. It’s a time for family and we will all gather together this weekend for a tour of the Pittock Mansion
http://www.pittockmansion.com and lattes after. Also, this weekend, I will be recognized for my community contributions at the Mayor’s Dinner. On the 11th, we are all going to see Amos Lee at the Aladdin. The 16th is Living Earth’s Solstice Celebration and the 22nd is our Family Solstice Gathering. We will all be at Andy & Laura’s for Christmas Day.

In case you’ve been having some stumbling blocks, you will be pleased to know Mercury Retrograde ended November 17th. Please note that all the above events will occur regardless of the weather. So…embrace the storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home