Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Lost Hour

What would you have done with that hour you just lost? I’m going to write down those morning activities that just vaporized. Next fall, when I get this hour back, I will know what to do with it.

Well…for starters…sleep, of course. But beyond that…all the morning fun stuff. Drink an extra cup of coffee, read the Sunday paper, knit a few rows, play with the animals, or check my e-mail. Suddenly it’s mid-morning and I feel behind and out of sync.

It’s going to take awhile for my biorhythms to adjust. And Princess just doesn't get it. She is pretty good at Standard Time and she does know 4:20 p.m. (dinner time). She isn’t going to make the transition easily. Buddy pretty much follows her lead. The cats eat all the time and are, therefore, exempt from time constraints.

So were you late for church? Did your dinosaur computer make the change on its own or did you need a patch? Have you changed all the clocks manually? The oven, the microwave, the phone, the alarm, the car, the laptop, the Blackberry, the TV, the VCR, the decorative clock, the antique clock, and the wristwatch? What did I forget? Oh…the one on the back porch. And the sundial! Whew.

Don’t forget…this is Daylight Saving (an adverb and therefore no "s") Time and not everybody says it correctly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home