Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow

People here think it would be terrible to live where it snows. They love this wet soggy weather and have no clue that there are thousands of people who don't live here on purpose. When I lived in Missouri...yes, we had snow. But the small town where I lived had more and better snow removal equipment than the whole metropolitan Portland area.

People in snow country are equipped with warm clothing and shovels and storm cupboards. It's not a big deal. I used to drive to work every day in weather that would shut this town down. I have a four-wheel drive vehicle and a 40-degrees-below-zero Cabela coat. I miss the snow. Much more livable than rain, in my opinion. Of course, it can disrupt air travel and some people must miss their full body scans and pat downs.

I have to tell you I am sick of the color Green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home