Friday, November 11, 2005

“On A Clear Day You Can See the Farallons”

This is what we used to tell people standing in our living room in the old house on the hill in San Francisco. Uh huh.

“On a clear day you can see Mt. Shasta” is what I used to tell people who visited me in my mountain home on The Ridge. Uh huh.

And now… “on a clear day you can see Mt. Hood” is what I tell myself when I feel like I am living in a deep bowl of fog and clouds. Uh huh.

This is a day for snuggling up under an afghan and digging into a new book purchased yesterday on a trip to Powells. Or knitting a new plum colored scarf with soft wool yarn purchased yesterday on a trip to The Yarn Garden. Or eating leftovers brought home from a trip to Pataya Thai for lunch with Windy yesterday.

It’s a holiday (one I don’t particularly favor celebrating) so there is a strange quiet in the neighborhood. Not a good day to run errands, or work in the yard, or even go hiking. It is time to draw in and have some quiet down time. A little meditation, some classical music, maybe some journal writing. Mercury Retro doesn’t start until Monday, but it already seems like time to curtail extracurricular activities.

Some clear and sunny days are predicted for next week. By then I will be energized and ready to go out and about after a little soul tending this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home