Saturday, December 31, 2005

Days of Long Ago

It is my custom on this holiday to stay put in my own home on this night of celebration out of the way of dangerous drivers and other odd incidents/accidents that seem to always happen. On this New Year’s Eve I will be warm and dry here at The Hideaway, curled up on the couch with sleeping dogs at my feet and a cat in my lap. I’ll sort through my Memory Box and remember all my wonderful friends scattered across this country and even overseas. I’ll drink a toast to them and to the great Scottish poet Robbie Burns who is credited with this poem:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And ne’er be brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

Farewell to Ought Five and Welcome to Ought Six!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home