Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rain On the Roof

This is a day to stay in and I am grateful it just happens to be one of the last that I will be able to do that for the next three months. The drumming of the relentless rain on the roof discourages me from a planned trip to the library. I’m snug in my Uggs and wrapped in my new fleece Christmas blanket. Crocheting (a change of pace from knitting) and reading Pine Island Paradox, a gift from a friend. A cup of Trader Joe’s Peppermint Tea (another gift) and nice non-holiday music on the radio. Earlier I caught the noon news on TV and dramatic images of:

San Francisco…high tides and heavy rains

The Sierra…heavy, wet snow

Oklahoma & Texas…wildfires and high winds

Central Midwest…more chilly high winds coming

Wood Village…torrential rain, mid 40s, no wind (that’s a switch!)

We are engulfed by weather. And Mother Nature continues to remind us of her power and might, lest we forget the tsunami of one year ago and Katrina four months ago. Loss and devastation wreaked unsparingly. Wherever you are, I hope you are as safe and warm as I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home