Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sisters Quilt Show Camping Trip

Andy and Laura planned a wonderful weekend camping trip for me to attend the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show over the mountain in Central Oregon. We left on Friday afternoon and set up our camp at Suttle Lake about ten miles outside of town in Deschutes National Forest. Saturday Laura and I spent the day wandering through the town admiring quilts and getting inspired for future quilts we will want to make. While we were in town, Andy went hiking with their little Jack Russell terrier, Scout. The two of them visited five different lakes in the area. We spent both evenings lounging around our campsite enjoying great dinners, campfires, s’mores, guitar playing, and good ole conversation. Laura and I both brought some knitting. The first night was very clear and the stargazing was absolutely amazing.

There were over 1300 quilts at the show hanging all over town in front of stores and on the sides of buildings. My quilt, Legacy Star Sampler, was in front of a photography shop with a bead store right next to it. Lots of traffic there. I hung out for awhile listening to the compliments and basking in the glory. We checked out many of the stores in town and of course, bought a few things. Great little bookstore! It was a fantastic and fun day.

But equally fun was the camping trip. It’s been awhile since I set up my tent. (A year ago in Alaska was the last time.) Andy is an awesome camper with everything you could possibly need packed in his camp boxes. They brought all the food and the whole kitchen set up. All I had to do was set up my tent, unroll my sleeping bag, kick back and enjoy. My Therm-a-rest pad does provide for a night of comfy sleeping. The weather was perfect…Oregon’s finest. The smell of pine trees and campfires was intoxicating. One of the best times I’ve had since moving here. I can’t wait to go again. Thanks to Andy and Laura for an incredible weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home