Sunday, July 01, 2007

Summer Weekend

My idea of perfect weather! Warm enough to cast off the jacket, cool enough to enjoy this lazy Sunday morning. Yesterday was yard work day and it is nice to sit on the porch now and look out on a neatly trimmed place. The wildflowers I planted last year are blooming again outside the fenceā€¦poppies and daisies. The porch plants are thriving and it is a calming place to take my book and my knitting and my raspberry iced tea.

Last night I was out with the dogs to watch the full moon rise over the Cascades slightly hidden behind a filigree lattice of clouds. It is not, as some may think, a Blue Moon, at least not here on the West Coast. It is a Blue Moon in London but the time differential changes the month here on this continent. See the explanation at
http://www.obliquity.com/astro/blue2007.html

Blue or silver, it was beautiful and followed by this great summer day to relax and enjoy being in a wonderful place at a special time. The wedding plans are falling into place and a weekend of festivities will bring together old friends and new soon-to-be relatives. The summer is full of other activities, too, including golf, knitting, quilting, dog obedience school, and my part-time work.

As I head into Septaugenarianism (end of August), I am blessed with a wonderful growing family, good health, a comfortable home, great pets and an all-around good life.

1 Comments:

Blogger ej ramblin said...

YES!!!!
Blessings abound...love, light, new life, color, growth...
Letting ourselves flow with Louis Armstrong, and rendered by Jerry Garcia...."What a Wonderful World"

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home