Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Chore for Every Day

Remember this? "Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday, Mend on Wednesday, Churn on Thursday, Clean on Friday, Bake on Saturday, Rest on Sunday." I like to mix it up a little so today I did laundry. One of my most disliked tasks. Well...it's the folding and putting away I don't like.

But I have to remind myself how fortunate I am to have a laundry room that is clean and warm. In other times and places I've had to descend to the creepy basement, or go out in the cold garage, or cross the yard to an outbuilding. Worst of all...some places I've lived I had to go to a laundromat. And in San Francisco I didn't have a car so I had to WALK pulling a cart like a horse.

So this set up on the heated back porch is really the best possible situation. Only a few steps from the bedroom. Not all that hard. But I let it pile up and then it turns into an all day project. One last load waiting to be put in the dryer as I write this. Don't ask me why I picked Saturday.

Oh...I remember. My life is so boring I didn't have anything else to do. Yawn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home