Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Frost


Everything was shrouded in fog this morning and there was frost on the pumpkin. What is it about this time of year that makes me want to start writing again. You can see there is a big gap here while I dealt with a series of adversities starting last March. The broken plumbing and flooded rooms. Then the Great Stupid Stumble that resulted in foot surgery. Then a busy Fall doing I know not what. And now it is almost Halloween. And the mania begins.

Halloween, Day of the Dead, Andy's birthday (41), Princess Dark Star's birthday (10), Daylight Losing Time begins, Thanksgiving, Ember's birthday (4), Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day.

We had a great summer once it got started. Ember and I had a plot in the Community Garden which produced tomatoes, peas, snap beans, eggplant, green peppers, cucumbers, and some very BIG zuchinnis.

Now the weather has turned and it time for drawing in and staying cozy on the couch. I started knitting a warm shawl for the chilly months ahead. I am trying to keep the thermostat down. Ugg boots and shawls will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home