Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tossing Off the Blanket

It’s a big decision, this one. When to take the electric blanket off the bed? Last week, when we had some warm days (one in the 90’s!), it seemed the day had arrived. But part of the joy of being busy is that you put things off and sometimes that results in a good outcome. Never got around to taking the blanket off, and now that winter is back and the temp has dropped and the rain is pouring down, no more open windows and I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and clicked the blanket on for a few minutes as it was shivery cold. So it is not time yet.

This week is one of the busiest in a long time. I am working six hours a day with two more hours for travel to and fro, plus getting all my things in order for my trip to Alaska. Plus caring for a sick cat, reading the proof of my book, paying bills, shopping, and running around like a crazy person. I finished the book, Blue Shoes and Happiness, and it was as good as the others in the series. On my list is a trip to the bookstore for reading material for my trip.

Windy gave me a delightful bon voyage gift of travel size items that I will use every day while I’m gone. I will be carrying my own stuff and lightening the load is important. I love all the new mini items! She looks after my well being.

Mt. Hood has her blanket wrapped around her this morning, keeping her hidden in the cloud shawl and invisible to us mere mortals. When she casts hers off, I will take mine off the bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home