Friday, September 22, 2006

Autumn Comes to Oregon

Such a beautiful perfect Fall day! Just the right amount of crispness in the air. And Mt. Hood is gleaming in the sun, covered with the new snow that fell last week. We did have a little preview to remind us that winter is coming. But the rain is gone and the weekend looms bright and glorious. This afternoon is very inviting for dog walking.

Tonight at 9:03 p.m. PDT we will say a nostalgic good-bye to summer and turn toward shorter days and chillier nights. Already there’s an extra blanket on the bed, although we have managed to avoid turning on the furnace so far. It’s down in the 40s in the early mornings so not sure how long we can hold out. Leaves are turning, and falling, and there is a smoky haze in the air.

This time of year always brings memories for me and moments of intense nostalgia. I seem to miss all the places I have lived as Autumn arrives. Fall has been a season of new beginnings for me so many times. And last year it was a time I said farewell to Terrapin Station.

There is sadness for that wonderful place. But fortunately I have an incredibly busy few months coming up as I get into activities, spend time with my wonderful family, and start contributing to the community. No time to dawdle around sighing over the old days.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home