Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Skywatch Alert an Urban Myth

No more did I write about scams and cons than I got scammed myself. Received a Skywatch Alert from a reliable and trusted source and whipped it right out to a dozen or more people who quickly let me know it was on the Urban Legend website. How embarrassing! Sorry if you were one of the recipients. Sorry too that there is not going to be an astonishing sky event close to my birthday. Guess I will have to content myself with the full moon which I think is on August 28th. Close is good enough.

July has been awesome for stargazing. The Milky Way is very bright and you can see Scorpius and Sagittarius. August will also have great night time viewing. For more information go to
www.skytonight.com (I think that information is factual!) I will be camping near Mt. Hood August 17-19 which is the “Oregon Star Party” weekend in Central Oregon. I’ll miss the event, but I will look at the same sky. I have to remember to take my star charts and red cellophane to cover my flashlight.

So no “Two Moons” but lots to look at up there nevertheless. Remember to look up. Happy gazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home