Sunday, December 02, 2007

Advent




The season has special meaning this year as we await the arrival of the baby Windy and Chris are expecting on December 21st (or thereabouts). This will be the first grandchild and we are all thrilled to be welcoming her at this auspicious time. Windy and Chris have installed the required infant seat in their car, and Windy has packed a bag to be ready if she has to dash out the door. I, too, have packed a bag. she has asked me to be at the hospital with her. Not sure if I will be in the room or in the hall so I am taking my usual stuff: a book, my knitting, my camera, sudoku puzzles, a blanket, water, snacks, a hand held electronic game thing, my cell phone, change for the vending machines. I am so ready for this baby to come.

I'm anxious also for Easter and the arrival of the second grandchild that Andy and Laura are expecting on March 28th (or thereabouts). Windy's former room has been turned into a baby/guest room and I am hoping both of the babies will come often for visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home