Friday, October 26, 2007

Early On a Frosty Morn…

Much as I would love to stay under the covers on this…the coldest day so far…the dogs are insistent about going out so I shuffle out from the bedroom and open the back door. There…in all its splendor…is the full moon hanging over the Columbia River as it sets in the west. I have been so sick the past few days I lost track of the calendar where I usually mark these full moon days. What a wake-up surprise!

Not too long ago Buddy got me up earlier than usual. After I let him out the back, I decided to bring in the paper and ventured on to the front porch just in time to see one of the most vivid and spectacular dawns turning Mt. Hood a glowing pink.

My little space nestled here beneath towering pines between two incredible natural wonders…the Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood…is a special place. What a privilege to be able to view… right from my front porch or back door…these places that tourists come from afar to see.

There is, however, a chance I would miss some of the best dawns and moonsets if it weren’t for my dogs’ bladders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home