Friday, January 04, 2008

Way To Go Jayhawks!

Kansas 24, VT 21. I'll bet those folks up in Lawrence on the Kaw are jumping with joy this morning. Kansas was known as the "biggest surprise in college football this season."

In any sports contest, it is family tradition to cheer for any school any family member attended. My sister went to KU and I remember many trips to Lawrence to visit her. So of course, I watched the Orange Bowl and rooted for the Jayhawks.

My parents both graduated from the University of Illinois and every fall when I was growing up, we made the trek from KC to Champagne-Urbana for Homecoming. So I was disappointed when the Fighting Illini got trounced in the Rose Bowl.

It has nothing to do with schools, but...how 'bout those Trailblazers?

P.S. Can you tell I am enjoying watching sports on my new flat screen High Def TV?

1 Comments:

Blogger ej ramblin said...

Like you, I was hooting for the Fighting Illini in the Rose Bowl. Because I too have a connection with that school...a couple of friends who met, married, and graduated from there. Always good to have a team to be "for" in these competitions.....

Guess I'll read the sports & see about Trailblazers. The 1976 season is the reason I bought a TV.

(Wow! just checked...my memory is correct; it was 76-77 season that the Trailblazers won the NBA.)

Oh, I've had a Jayhawks connection too....basketball...back in the 80's. I did a lot of work with their engineering dept. They sent me a Jayhawk when "our" team won the NCAA. (or at least were big in the finals...I think they may have won...)

Connections are good!

And Congratulations to the Jayhawks on the Orange Bowl!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home