Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Sad Story

My son Scott is in Washington, D.C. for the Autism Trial in the US Court of Claims. He has a very important role in working with expert witnesses and managing the electronic exhibits for the law firm representing the families whose children developed autism as a result of vaccines containing thimerosal. His role is complex and difficult to explain, but crucial to the success of the lawsuit.

I can listen to the testimony over the phone on a national conference call. I have been following along as best I can, and feeling great sadness for these families who were burdened with this life changing diagnosis. When I mention this trial to friends or acquaintances, it seems everyone has a story of a family member or someone they know afflicted by autism.

In my opinion, this trial tells a story of real damage to individual children and families that has been perpetrated by drug companies who used preservatives to reduce production costs and maximize profits. To them the collateral damage is statistically insignificant. This is a health care issue the politicians should pay attention to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home