Thursday, January 10, 2008

Misty River

The Columbia is shrouded in fog hanging in a strip along its path as it winds out of the Gorge and heads for the coast. Passengers in planes headed for PDX will have a strange view from above of the obscured river.

It’s still raining in Oregon, in case you were wondering. And dripping in my dining room. This is getting a bit tiresome. The weather continues to challenge residents. Driving can be difficult. Only a few miles away, snow is piling up. An avalanche closed the highway to Mt. Hood yesterday.

When I venture out, I am decked out in my Columbia coat and wearing my awesome Columbia boots. Fashionable only here in the Pacific Northwest. Comfortable, warm and waterproof. Walking the dogs, going to work, shopping, etc. I am prepared.

It would be easy to fall victim to cabin fever during these deepest dark days of winter. Thankfully my job and my activities keep me from living on the couch, tempting as that would be. I do look forward to the end of the day when I can kick back with my knitting, but I try to keep a balance in my life.

If I wasn’t out driving in the early morning on my way to my job I would miss the awesome sights like fog on the river or sunrise on Mt. Hood. If I wasn’t out walking the dogs as evening falls, I would miss the flocks of migrating birds coming in for the night or the sunsets that streak the western sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home