Thursday, November 20, 2008

Falling Leaves

There was a wild and crazy sunset last night lighting up the sky as the dogs and I went for our late afternoon walk. Now that the change from Daylight Saving has brought darkness earlier, we have to hustle to make it before the street lights come on. The East Wind was blowing hard and we had to push into it on the leg of the walk that goes toward Mt. Hood.

The trees were stripped almost bare in the Big Storm last week, and today the last lingering leaves are disappearing fast. Most of the leaves from the neighborhood are piled up against my fence on the south side of the house. It makes a nice berm to keep the dogs from trying to dig under the fence.

It’s chilly this morning although not as cold as it has been. I am ready for the temperature drop as we shrink wrapped all my windows last weekend. My sons came out for a Work Day and they cleaned the gutters, patched the deck roof, weather stripped the back door, fixed the toilet in the guest bathroom, and repaired the chain link fence in addition to fixing the windows. It is becoming a tradition twice a year for the troops to help Mom with the Honey-Do List, and I am blessed to have so much support.

Busy weekend ahead as there are many activities to choose from. I’ll go to a Craft Fair, a sale at Craft Warehouse, an art exhibit and possibly a movie. Portland is a busy place and this is the time of year for bazaars as well as meetings that groups want to get in before “The Holidays.” I work today and then I have a Citizen Advisory Commission meeting downtown tonight. So I will miss Survivor. Thanks to the wonders of technology, I will be able to watch it online later.

Here comes the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home