Saturday, November 22, 2008

Stella Blue

Saturday errands are a chore only made endurable by some good music on the car radio. I try to time my trip to coincide with one of the programs on KBOO that I enjoy. Today…driving from the post office to the bank…a song from my past came on and suddenly tears were streaming down my face. Stella Blue. I was transported back to Cal Expo and the Coliseum and Shoreline and Autzen. And I cried. For all those good times gone forever now…for the wonderful experience of those shows shared with incredible friends. Some of the happiest moments of my life.

All the years combine, they melt into a dream,
A broken angel sings from a guitar.
In the end theres just a song comes cryin up the night
Thru all the broken dreams and vanished years.
Stella Blue. Stella Blue.

Be Grateful this Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home