Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Be careful what you ask for…you might get it.

This Letter to the Editor was published in the Oregonian on August 22nd. I thought it summed things up quite nicely. I do keep ranting on my side of the argument even though it may offend some people who support the President’s plan. I am very resentful that I will have my very good insurance taken away in order to fund care for all people. Now some have quality care, some have none. With the Reform, all will have mediocre coverage. Why is that a good thing?

"Questionable reformers

Let me get this straight.
We're going to get a health care plan shoved down our throats that is written by a committee whose head says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it (but exempts themselves from it for life), signed by a president who smokes and also hasn't read it (and also is exempt for life), with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke.
This is the same government that oversees the U.S. Postal Service, which is in debt upwards of $7 billion, while UPS and FedEx continue to make money.
What could possibly go wrong?"

GORDON GROCHAU
Bethany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home