Saturday, August 15, 2009

Half and Half

August is either half full or half empty depending on how you look at it. Nevertheless, this is the point when we begin the downslide to Labor Day and Back-To-School. Seems like I am just ripping off the calendar pages too quickly. Today marks eight weeks since the Brain Fart and I guess I am half recovered and half still struggling. I lost a good chunk of the summer which has had uncharacteristically nice weather. Bad timing!! Hikes not taken, garden not planted, outside projects undone. Now I am playing catch up.

All around me things are half finished. I have half the energy I used to have. And since little Ember arrived, half the time to do things. This is…if I may be blunt…a half-assed way to live. But living I am which is a bonus and I am grateful despite the snide remarks. In ten days I will celebrate turning 72 which seems like a very large number.

My calendar is filling up with activities again and I look forward to getting out more and being able to reconnect with friends. Still, though, after two days in a row of out-and-about doings last weekend, I felt like I had been run over by a train.

My internet back-up/recovery program is called Bounce Back. I wish they had one for people. Just click a key and let it run and…voila…all’s well again. But progress…while slow…is steady and I am still here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home