Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Book I Should Write

Okay. Okay. I have been hearing for many years “You should write a book.” Last summer I got prodded into finally writing down some of The Stories that I have been telling for lo these many years. The first prod occurred at my 50th High School Reunion when my page in the Memory Book occasioned many positive comments. The second occurred in a phone call with my friend Keppy who laughed at tales of life in Osceola and told me to write down the description of buying an eggplant at the local market.

Thus was born the first Blog called Down Home Musings. Those daily observations are now being compiled into manuscript form for (hopefully) publication in the near future. The book will be dedicated to Keppy who died in August 2005 and for whom a memorial fund is being established. If any copies sell, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Katrina’s Liberty and Justice Fund.

Writing the daily entries into a Blog is easy and fun. Putting all of them into manuscript format is a whole ‘nother ball game and more work than I had anticipated. Also lots of legal stuff with Contracts and Agreements and Appendices and Addenda. Typing and merging documents and wading around in all the requirements occupies me on these cool wet spring days. The book will be titled…surprise…Down Home Musings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between us speaking, in my opinion, it is obvious. I advise to you to try to look in google.com

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home