Friday, April 07, 2006

T-G-I-F

I have almost forgotten what it meant to be thankful for the arrival of the last day of the work week and the beginning of the weekend. But there is still something special about Fridays. Tonight the little neighboring town of Troutdale is having an Art & Music Festival and we will go and mill around a bit. Nice to see the work of local artists and pick up the creative buzz that goes along with such an event.

One of the delights of living the Portland Metro Area is the proliferation of art, music, poetry, and writing. The creative spark is everywhere and the energy is palpable.

At the Book Club yesterday, I connected with some other women writers and we talked of forming a group to get together once or twice a month to do some gentle critiques, trade tips on submitting manuscripts for publication, and give each other moral support. Of course, people who read might also write and that was a good place to meet some like minded-folks.

Now that I have a new and functional computer, I can embark on getting some of my rambling writing into better shape and perhaps book form. It would be very gratifying to see some of my work in hard copy print. This Blog has been, and is, a great place to record my thoughts and it will figure largely in anything else I do. Thanks to all of you who read it and send me your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home