Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hello Again!

Took a little break there after St. Pat's. But I am back! After all those years spent in a quest for peace and serenity, I seem to have finally found it. The only problem is…it “ain’t much to write home about.” The Blog has dwindled to a trickle as days go by that are so uneventful I can’t tell them apart. There are, of course, topics in the news about which I have unpopular opinions. The War On Iraq, Cancer, Oil Prices to name a few. A safer one is the Pet Food Recall.

What a very scary thing! I was so relieved to find that the products I use were not on the Recall List. At least not at first. But now they are adding dry food and I do feed dry Hill’s Science Diet to both dogs and one cat. (Different varieties.) So the vigilance must continue. My heart aches for pet owners who have inadvertently poisoned their companions. What a devastating thing.

On the topic of dogs, Little Buddy just turned two and it has been one year since his operation to fix his hips. He is doing very well and is now a “normal” dog. Windy made a video of him romping in the park to take in and show the vet on our one year post-op visit. Dr. Ost was amazed. So much better than was expected.

Princess is only five but already getting gray in the muzzle and moving into matriarch status in the household. Lenny is almost 14 and gradually slowing down. We got him a heated cat bed and he spends a lot of time napping there and luxuriating in the comfort of the warm fleece. Little Skye Louise is almost full grown now and a beautiful gray cat with touches of tan and cream. She has captivated everyone with her sweet loving personality and I’m so glad I brought her home from the Shelter last fall.

My furry friends mean so much to me and bring me so much pleasure. Today…on a rainy, dreary Saturday morning, we are all cozy and gathered in the living room. The four of them are napping and I think I will join them. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 Comments:

Blogger ej ramblin said...

Great to see "you're back!!"

Yep, pretty disconcerting about pet food. And when will it happen with human food? As we build on more and more of our agricultural land and import more and more of our own food, it seems "our" time is coming too.

"May you live in interesting times!"

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home