Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Neighbors from Hell

I have had some annoying neighbors, some irritating neighbors, some loud neighbors, some unpleasant neighbors, some argumentative neighbors, some helpless neighbors, some needy neighbors, but I have never...never...had neighbors like the ones next door. They are all of those adjectives plus some. They are selling their place and moving which should be good news except they have been doing it a box at a time since Christmas and I don't see any end to it. Right now they are having an "estate sale" even though they are not dead (just old). All manner of rusty junk is laid out in their carport as if someone would want it. I understand (although I have not been in there and have no intention of going) that all their furniture has price tags on the pieces. They are going into a retirement home. I wonder if the facility is prepared for their comings and goings.

I don't know what they do, but he leaves at 5:30 a.m. every day to do it. She comes and goes and comes and goes, always with much door slamming and gate banging. They have some obsession with stuff and are constantly transporting boxes to and fro. They take stuff out but then they bring other stuff back. A rotating hoard. Yesterday I asked them not to leave the radio blaring when they weren't there, but...they blew me off and told me my house walls were too thin.

Of course, this is a known evil and the next residents could be worse although at the moment I can't think how. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home