Monday, April 30, 2007

They Is Us

Before she moved away, I used to drive up from Osceola and visit my daughter in Kansas City. Part of the fun for me was the chance to shop for items not available down home. So on a sunny April Sunday we could very well have been at the Ward Parkway Mall shopping for shoes or getting a latte at Starbucks. We often went to the Target store for housewares and even clothes.

So I watched in sadness and astonishment as the shooting at the mall took place yesterday. Even from this vantage point, it seemed too close for comfort. Unlike the shooting at Virginia Tech, a school I had never heard of in a state I had never been to. But that too saddened me. And then before I could come to terms with the Kansas City news, word came of a shooting at a mall in Lincoln City on the coast here in Oregon.

Middle Eastern Terrorists must be smirking as they watch us shoot ourselves. Pogo was so right! “We have met the enemy and they is us.”

1 Comments:

Blogger ej ramblin said...

When I heard of the KC mall shooting, I thought of both you and your daughter...and my time with you both in that city.
Had not heard about the Lincoln City shooting till just reading your blog.
It seems to me the path of our world is certainly unexplainable.

I am reminded:
"World Peace Starts At Home"
"Home Is Where The Heart Is"

May we find peace in our hearts and share that vision.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home