Saturday, April 07, 2007

Blazing Eyeballs

The swelling has gone down and the pain has subsided a bit. But the eyeballs are fiery red and rather gross looking if the truth be told. Not sure how this infection got started (although my mother would say I must have touched a railing or shopping cart with GERMS and then rubbed my eyes even though she had told me not to at least a thousand times), but it was vicious.

The antibiotic/steroid drops are helping although my vision is still blurred and reading is not yet pleasurable. My eyes are also very sensitive to the light so I can’t look at the computer screen too long. The good news is that the cataract implants are undisturbed and that is not the problem.

Of course, in a mean trick of fate, the first sunny days in lo these many months of dark dreary Northwest winter had to coincide with this infection, requiring me to wear my rapper sunglasses all day and into the evening. My friends sent caring messages and I do want everyone to know I am healing.

Now the rain is back, so on this wet Easter weekend I am happy to stay in and watch the Masters Golf Tournament. Maybe knit on the $45 socks. It is not hard to convince me to take it easy!

1 Comments:

Blogger ej ramblin said...

So glad your eyeballs are healing! Gratefully, I've been told, they are the fastest healing organ in the body. So by the time sunshine returns, here's hoping you'll be able to enjoy the sun rather than just tolerate it!
Wishing you healthy happy healing!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home