Thursday, September 20, 2007

Harvest Home

My alarm clock has glow-in-the-dark features and they are needed now as the mornings are dark and sunlight no longer wakes me. It is the end of summer and there are only a few days left before autumn officially begins. As the Equinox approaches the days are noticeably shorter and my walks with the dogs at sunset move earlier and earlier.

Two nights ago the temp dropped dramatically and I shivered throughout the night. Next day I was in the storage shed, moving plastic bins to get to the one on the bottom (Why is the one I want always on the bottom?) with the winter bedding. Now I have made up my bed with flannel sheets and an extra blanket.

This is a time of drawing in and tonight I am happy to be home and settling in to watch Survivor. I stopped on the way home from work for a Lil’ Caesar’s Hot ‘n’ Ready $5 pizza. A tradition I started back when I lived in Osceola. Haven’t done this for a long time, but tonight it seemed just right.

This Sunday at 2:51 a.m. summer officially ends. Another season, another page on the calendar. In the fields, the last harvests are coming home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home