Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Deck the halls

We started putting up some of the Christmas decorations today. I brought a few of the boxes in from the storage shed. First were the artificial wreaths inside and out. Next was the Nativity scene which Em is old enough to know the story and handle the fragile pieces very carefully. Next the candle centerpiece for the dining room table. Finally...my little fake pre-lighted tree. Uh oh. No stand in the box. What was I thinking when I packed it up last year? Where could it be? Oh no. It must be in one of those boxes I didn't bring in. And that means I am going to have to go out in the freezing cold blustery day and climb around in the nether regions of the shed and peek in every box till I find it. It might be easier to buy another one.

I just can't do the whole house this year. I dread having to put it all away. But Em does love opening the boxes and getting each item out and deciding where to put it. She made a paper chain which will soon be long enough to drape through the whole house. We still have the paper jack-o-lantern and the paper plate turkey up. I like leaving them up all year. The seasons come around pretty quick these days.

We are making veggie soup in the slow cooker and there is Christmas music on the stereo. Zoo Lights got me in the mood finally. That elusive Holiday Spirit. Em is napping on the couch and I'm going to settle down with my Kindle. A really nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home